COVID-19 TRASH UPDATES
From the office of the Mayor – City of Crystal Springs, MS
The rising threat of COVID-19 is challenging our city, our region, and our nation unlike anything we’ve seen before. New terms like “social distancing” and “self-quarantine” are being added to our vocabulary as a response to this pandemic. The City of Crystal Springs and our community partners are diligently working to address the new challenges we face each day.
To minimize the virus’ impact, our city officials and staff are working together with our private healthcare providers and the local, state, and national health departments to craft appropriate response strategies. As the saying goes, the best defense is a good offense, and that begins with us.
Know the 3 W’s:
- Wear a face covering
- Wait & Watch your distance (6 ft apart)
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer
In meeting with many of our local business leaders over the past several months, I have been impressed with the inventive and resourceful ways they are addressing these challenges. From generating QR codes for no-touch menus, to allowing customers to call in and then drive‐up to collect items, our businesses are creating ways to meet the customer’s needs while practicing safety for everyone. If you are a business owner, I encourage you to think out of the box for ways to safely serve your customers.
Throughout our 197 year history, Crystal Springs has set a standard for confronting adversity head-on, innovative thinking, and unifying during difficult times. COVID-19 is testing all of us, but I am confident that Crystal Springs can handle whatever this virus sends our way. Be well, be safe, and remember the 3 W’s!
Mayor, City of Crystal Springs
- “Wear a Mask” Sign for your business window / door
- Know your W’s – Wear, Wait, Wash
- Emergency Proclamation and Order – July 9, 2020
- Mississippi State Department of Health
- Centers of Disease Control and Prevention
- Back to Business Mississippi Grant Program
- Face Mask Guidelines (COVID-19)
- Governor Tate Reeves Executive Orders
- Social Distancing Tips (COVID-19)
- Unemployment Claims and Information